Saturday 3 August 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hello, I Love You by The Doors.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1968 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Rod Beck: Burbank, California -- Pitcher (SF Giants).
- Tom Long: Australian actor born in the US, the son of an Australian surgeon and his wife who were in the US at the time of his birth.
- Constantine Rokossovski: Vice Premier of Poland (1952-56), dies at 71.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?