Thursday 3 August 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joi Chua and Mariusz Jop.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Miss You by The Rolling Stones.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Game of Concentration or Alto Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1978 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Joi Chua: Singaporean singer-songwriter and actress.
- Mariusz Jop: Polish footballer.
- Jenny Tinmouth: English motorcycle racer.
- Dimitrios Zografakis: Greek footballer.
- Ezzedin Kalak: Palestinian PLO representative in Paris, murdered.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?