Monday 3 August 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.
In UK Ghost Town by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Heavy Metal, directed by Gerald Potterton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1981!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1981 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Fikirte Addis: Ethiopian fashion designer.
- Travis Bowyer: American baseball player.
- Pablo Ibáñez: Spanish footballer.
- Erlend Tvinnereim: Norwegian tenor.
- Travis Willingham: Voice Actor.
- Margeaux Simms: Reality Star
- Robert Peci: Italian Brother of Red Brigade leader, murdered.
- 13,000 Air Traffic Controllers (PATCO) begin their strike
- The American Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) goes on strike.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Marty Balin - Hearts
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?