Thursday 3 August 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up, directed by Anne Fletcher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Chill Factor by Sandra Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 3 August 2006 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 August
- North Korea refuses aid after being devastated by flooding. As many as 1.5 million people have been displaced, and over one hundred are dead. CNN news
- Iraq War:
- In the centre and south of the country, Shiites waved Iraqi flags and chanted ampquotDeath to America! Death to Israel!ampquot as they boarded convoys of buses bound for Baghdad's Sadr City. These and other Shiite protesters were summoned to the capital by cleric Moqtada al-Sadr to protest against Israel's attacks on Lebanon. The protest is timed to begin after Friday prayers. International Herald Tribune
- Four US soldiers charged with murdering three detainees in Iraq smiled before shooting them, a military court has heard from a fellow soldier. (BBC NEWS)
- The Union of French Jewish Employers and Professionals (UPJF), Conseil Représentatif des Institutions juives de France (CRIF), and the Vigilance Bureau against anti-Semitism (BVCA), have denounced a declaration made by French foreign minister Philippe Douste-Blazy who said while visiting Beirut on Monday that Tehran was “a stabilising element in the Middle East.” (EJP)
- Tropical Storm Chris weakens and is now expected not to become a hurricane. (Reuters)
- Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko nominates his political rival Viktor Yanukovich to become prime minister. (Reuters)
- Clashes between Sri Lanka's army and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam escalates into the worst violence since they agreed a cease-fire in 2002. (Bloomberg)
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said the ampquotmain solutionampquot to end the conflict in Lebanon was the ampquotelimination of the Zionist regime.ampquot (Ynet)
- 8 Israeli civilians are killed and 39 wounded as some 160 rockets hit Israeli towns. All 28 civilian Israeli fatalities in the ongoing conflict were killed by Hezbollah rocket attacks, which have caused no military fatalities. (Haaretz)
- The IDF investigation into the attack on Qana that killed a number of civilians has been completed. It states that the IDF was not aware that there were civilians in the building and assumed that they had been evacuated. The IDF also blamed Hezbollah for using civilians as human shields, and pointed out that over 150 rockets had been fired from the Qana area since the current conflict began. (YNet)
- An alleged member of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan killed himself and a police officer with a hand grenade in Tajikistan's northern Sughd Region RFERL.org.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 August 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?