Sunday 3 August 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Pineapple Express, directed by David Gordon Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 3 August 2008 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 August
- North Korea says that it will expel ampquotunnecessaryampquot South Korean staff from the Kumgangsan resort and threatens military action in an escalation of tension over the shooting of a South Korean tourist. (Reuters)amp/bramp
- The third launch of privately developed SpaceX launcher Falcon 1 fails to reach orbit. (Spaceflightnow.com)
- Australia's Civil Aviation Safety Authority launches an investigation into safety at Qantas after three emergencies in two weeks, beginning with the explosion aboard Qantas Flight 30. (ABC News)
- At least 21 street cleaners are killed by a roadside bombing in Mogadishu, Somalia. (CNN)
- 12 people are killed when a minibus explodes in Baghdad, Iraq. (CNN)
- 11 climbers are feared to have died in an avalanche at K2 mountain in Pakistan. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 August 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?