Monday 3 December 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Good for Nothing, directed by Carlyle Blackwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1917 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 December
- After nearly 20 years of planning and construction, including two collapses causing 89 deaths, the Quebec Bridge opens to traffic.
- Finland officially declares independence from Russia.
- Halifax Explosion: Two freighters collide in Halifax Harbour at Halifax, Nova Scotia and cause a huge explosion that kills at least 1,963 people, injures 9,000 and destroys part of the city (until the Trinity nuclear test, the biggest manmade explosion in recorded history).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- In Lilac Time (When You Stole This Heart of Mine) - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- Some Sunday Morning - Ada Jones & M.J. O'Connell
- (Goodbye, and Luck Be with You) Laddie Boy - Nora Bayes
- Over There - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?