Sunday 3 December 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Cole-Whittaker and Don Calfa.
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1939 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Terry Cole-Whittaker: American Religious Science pastor from 1977, a fireball who took San Diego by storm with her up-beat, you-can-do-it message.
- Don Calfa: American actor.
- John Paul: Sr.
- David Phillips: English chemist and academic.
- Princess Louise: Duchess of Argyll, daughter of Queen Victoria (Born 1848).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- South of the Border (Down Mexico Way) - Ambrose & His Orchestra vocal Denny Dennis
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?