Friday 3 December 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Spider Woman, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1943 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Valerie Perrine in Galveston: Texas, USA; actress (Slaughterhouse 5).
- Paul Habert: French vice-admiral, a maritime prefect of the Mediterranean Sea (1999-2001), based in Toulon.
- J Rushton: English-Canadian psychologist and academic (d. 2012).
- Joseph Ada: Guamanian lawyer and politician 5th Governor of Guam.
- Strike of Monte Cassino, Italy begins
- 9th Heisman Trophy Award: Angelo Bertelli, Notre Dame (quarterback).
- Battle of Monte Cassino, Italy begins.
- Edward R. Murrow delivers his classic quotOrchestrated Hellquot broadcast over CBS Radio, describing a Royal Air Force nighttime bombing raid on Berlin.
- World War II: In Yugoslavia, resistance leader Marshal Josip Broz Tito proclaims a provisional democratic Yugoslav government in-exile.
- The Great Depression officially ends in the United States: With unemployment figures falling fast due to WWII-related employment, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt closes the Works Progress Administration
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?