Thursday 3 December 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Operation Petticoat, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1959 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Kathy Jordan in Bryn Mawr: Pennsylvania, USA; tennis player (US Opens Doubles 1981).
- Eamonn Holmes: Irish journalist and broadcaster, best known for presenting Sky News, Songs of Praise and This Morning.
- State of emergency on Cyprus ends.
- The current flag of Singapore is adopted, six months after Singapore became self-governing within the British Empire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Ernie Fields - In The Mood
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
- Paul Evans - Seven Little Girls Sitting In The Back Seat
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?