Saturday 3 December 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daryl Hannah in Chicago and Ben Bottoms.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Swiss Family Robinson, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cheaters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1960 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Daryl Hannah in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Splash, Blade Runner).
- Ben Bottoms: American actor from a family of four acting brothers.
- Daryl Hannah: American actress with a lanky 5'10.
- Julianne Moore: American actress with flowing auburn hair and a Pre-Raphaelite face, highly acclaimed for her ability to inhabit her character, the kind of actress who can disappear virtually into her characterization.
- Igor Larionov: Russian ice hockey player.
- Mike Ramsey: United States -- Ice hockey player (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Hermann Stephani: Composer, dies at 83.
- Camelot opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 873 performances
- Frederick Loewe/Alan Jay Lerner's Camelot premieres at Majestic Theater in New York City for 873 performances.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 December 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Jackie Wilson - Alone At Last
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?