Sunday 3 December 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
In UK Tower Of Strength by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Hawaii, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1961!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1961 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Richard Olivier: British director and noted family, the son of actor Sir Laurence Olivier and his third wife, Joan Plowright, the second of the actor's four children.
- Adal Ramones: Mexican comedian actor and producer.
- Beatles meet future manager Brian Epstein
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- George Blanda of Houston Oilers kicks 55-yard field goal.
- Anton Geesink becomes first not-Japanese judo world champion.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?