Sunday 3 December 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Don't Bring Me Flowers by Barbra & Neil.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Boney M was in the top 5 hits.
Superman, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1978!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1978 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Daniel Alexandersson: Swedish footballer.
- Jiří Bicek: Slovak ice hockey player.
- Dan Snow: English-Canadian radio and television host.
- Bram Tankink: Dutch cyclist.
- Jiri Bicek: Slovak ice hockey player.
- Trina : American rapper
- William Grant Still: Composer, dies at 83.
- King of Hearts closes at Minskoff Theater NYC after 48 performances
- Pat Bradley / Lon Hinkle wins LPGA J C Penney Golf Classic
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Donna Summer - MacArthur Park
- Ambrosia - How Much I Feel
- Chic - Le Freak
- Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop
- Foreigner - Double Vision
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Al Stewart - Time Passages
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?