Friday 3 December 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Truly by Lionel Richie.
In UK I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant was in the top 5 hits.
The Toy, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1982!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1982 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Alexander : Japanese-Peruvian actor and model.
- Manny Corpas: Panamanian baseball player.
- Michael Essien: Ghanaian footballer.
- Lewis Marnell: Australian skateboarder (d. 2013).
- Franco Sbaraglini: Argentine-born Italian rugby player.
- 1st New Jersey Devil hat-trick (Steve Tambellini) defeat Hartford 5-4
- New Jersey Devils 1st hat trick (Steve Tambellini)
- 35.7 cm rainfall at Big Fork, Arkansas (state record).
- Tommy Hearns wins WBC Welterweight title in decision over Benitez.
- A final soil sample is taken from the site of Times Beach, Missouri. It is found to contain 300 times the safe level of dioxin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?