Friday 3 December 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Only Girl (In The World) by Rihanna.
The Fighter, directed by David O. Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 3 December 2010 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 December
- Abdumalik Bahori: Tajik poet and fiction writer (Born1927).
- Two Lebanese labourers are injured after the Israeli army detonates two of its espionage devices by remote control in the southern Lebanese city of Tyre. (''Daily Star'' - Lebanon)
- Attacks against WikiLeaks, Julian Assange and ''The Guardian'' website:
- Spokesperson Julian Assange calls for Canadian prime minister Stephen Harper's former chief of staff Tom Flanagan to be charged with ampquotincitement to commit murderampquot after Flanagan urged Barack Obama to ampquotput out a contractampquot and ampquotassassinateampquot Assange. Assange speaks of the precautions he has to take against such threats of death, with American politician Mike Huckabee also calling for executions to be carried out. (Al Jazeera)
- ''The Guardian''s web servers are ampquotcrippledampquot as the session is going live. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- President Barack Obama makes a surprise visit to United States armed forces based in Afghanistan. (Reuters)
- Ai Weiwei is prevented from travelling to South Korea by Chinese authorities and is warned his trip could ampquotthreaten national securityampquot, with imprisoned Liu Xiaobo due to receive the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize next week. (BBC)
- Italy poises itself to return to the Eurovision Song Contest after 13 years. Eurovision Song Contest 2011 is scheduled for May in Düsseldorf. (BBC)
- Spain closes four airports saying there is a shortage of air traffic controllers who are concerned about their pay and working conditions. (Al Jazeera)
- The Spanish government holds an emergency cabinet meeting to discuss plans to raise the pension age and to sell off its stakes in the lottery and airports. (Al Jazeera)
- Nissan starts selling the Leaf, one of the first mass market electric cars. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- 1984 Bhopal disaster: The Indian government launches a court case to more than double the compensation paid by U.S. chemical corporation Union Carbide on the anniversary of the leak from a Madhya Pradesh plant that killed thousands of people. (BBC)
- The United Nations warns that the Haitian cholera epidemic could get worse. (BBC)
- Up to 28 people die in northern and eastern Europe as a result of a cold spell with thousands stranded due to road and rail disruptions and airport closures. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 17 mainly Iranian people are killed in a collision of two buses on a highway near the holy site of Najaf, Iraq. (Al Jazeera)
- Heavy floods in the Balkans forces more than a thousand people to evacuate from their homes. (BBC)
- A Queensland man is missing presumed dead in floodwaters in Bajool while parts of central New South Wales are declared disaster zones after a week of heavy rains in eastern Australia. (ABC News Australia)
- United States diplomatic cables leak:
- Newly released cables reveal U.S. spy planes flew over Lebanese airspace via a British air base in Cyprus in 2008. (Reuters)
- The Supreme Court of Guinea confirms Alpha Condé as winner of November's presidential poll following a state of emergency and fraud allegations made by ex-president Cellou Dalein Diallo. (Al Jazeera)
- Incumbent president Laurent Gbagbo is ruled as the election winner in the Côte d'Ivoire after the constitutional court overturns provisional results which favoured opposition candidate, former prime minister Alassane Ouattara. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?