Wednesday 3 February 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M Vasalis and Andre Cayatte.
Les heures - Épisode 4: Le soir, la nuit, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1909 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- M Vasalis: [Margaretha Droogleever Fortuyn-Leenmans] poet (Phoenix).
- Andre Cayatte: French filmmaker (d. 1989).
- André Cayatte: French film director, screenwriter, poet, novelist, lawyer who used filmmaking as means of criticizing french legal system; also journalist, married once, one child.
- Lauritz Dorenfeldt: Norwegian jurist.
- Jeanne Hazelhurst: Mexican-American astrologer who joined AFA in October 1976 and died the following month in Margate, FL.
- Simone Weil: French mystic, social philosopher and religious apologist who completed many brilliant studies in literature, philosophy and logic. She also developed a distinctive philosophy of her own. In 1936, she took part in the Spanish civil war and joined the resistance, participating in a protest fast. Raised as a Jewish intellectual and agnostic, she was always an original thinker, and she made an impact on her culture in many areas.
- Kurt Petter: German-Swedish physician (d. 1969)
- Johann Georg Herzog composer: dies at age 86.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Alabam' - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- No News, Or What Killed the Dog - Nat Wills
- Honey Lou - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Arthur Pryor's Band - National Emblem March
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?