Monday 3 February 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1947 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Joe Coleman baseball pitcher (Washington Nationals: Detroit Tigers).
- Koos Alberts: [Krommenhoek]; Dutch vocalist ("Many More Years to Come").
- Dave Davies: British musician who organized "The Kinks" in late '63 with his brother Ray, playing a sizzling corkscrewing guitar.
- Melanie [Safka] in Astoria: New York, USA; singer/songwriter (Candles in the Rain).
- Paul Auster: American author and director whose writing blends absurdism, existentialism, crime fiction, and the search for identity and personal meaning in works such as The New York Trilogy (1987), Moon Palace (1989), The Music of Chance (1990), The Book of Illusions (2002), and The Brooklyn Follies (2005).
- Maurizio Micheli: Italian comedian who participated in the Fantastico, a special show.
- Melanie Safka: American songwriter, recording artist and poet, who wrote her own material. Her attitude was light, childlike and free, as she preferred a world of beauty and sympathy. Her songs included "I've got A Brand New Pair of Rollerskates, You've Got A Brand New Key," which became a catchy hit.
- Carlos Belo: East Timorese bishop
- Stephen McHattie: Canadian actor and director
- 1st black reporter in Congressional press gallery (Percival Prattis)
- Anchorage, Alaska, reaches a record low temperature: -38 degrees F.
- The lowest temperature in North America is recorded in Snag, Yukon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragus - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 February 1947 and get them!