Wednesday 3 February 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include B J Jefferson in Dallas and Richard Kotzen.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Somerset Maugham Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1960 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- B J Jefferson in Dallas: Texas, USA; actress (Ronnie Laurance - Another World).
- Richard Kotzen: Rocker.
- Kerry Von Erich: American professional wrestler (d. 1993).
- Joachim Loew: German football manager.
- Stéphane Le Foll: French politician for the Socialist Party.
- Joachim Löw: Coach of the German national soccer/football team since 2006, former player.
- Marty Jannetty: American wrestler and trainer
- British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan speaks of the ''a wind of change'' of increasing national consciousness blowing through colonial Africa, signalling that his Government is likely to support decolonisation.
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Harold Macmillan makes the Wind of Change speech to the South African Parliament in Cape Town (although he had first made the speech, to little publicity, in Accra, Gold Coast – now Ghana – on January 10).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 February 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?