Wednesday 3 February 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Kimont in Los Angeles and Maura Tierney in Boston.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by The Righteous Brothers.
Red Desert, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The American Sportsman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1965 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Kathleen Kimont in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Fraternity Vacation, Renegade).
- Maura Tierney in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Lisa - Newsradio).
- Dorcas Wonsavage in Madison: Wisconsin, USA; cross country skier (Olympics-1994).
- Karlous Marx Shinohamba: Namibian politician.
- Maura Tierney: American actress, well-known for her role in the long-running TV series "ER.
- Kathleen Kinmont: American actress and screenwriter
- 105 USAF cadets resigned for cheating on exams
- Braves offer Milwaukee $500,000 to terminate their lease a year earlier, the proposal is turned down
- Geraldine McCullough wins Widener Gold Medal for Sculpture
- Orbiting Solar Observatory 2 is launched into Earth orbit (552/636 km).
- 105 US Air Force cadets forced to resign for cheating on exams.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 February 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Sam Cooke - Shake
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?