Friday 3 February 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1978!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1978 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Joan Capdevila: Spanish footballer.
- Amal Clooney: British-Lebanese lawyer (barrister), author, and activist, London-based.
- Adrian R'Mante: American actor.
- Eliza Schneider: American actress and singer.
- Kelly Sullivan: TV Actress.
- India needing 493 to beat Australia at Adelaide, all out 445
- Australia beats India 3-2 on 6th day of final test.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Randy Newman - Short People
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Queen - We Are The Champions
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Samantha Sang - Emotion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?