Saturday 3 February 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1979 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- Jody Gilbert: Actress (Willard, Shaggy, Blonde Dynamite).
- YMCA by Village People peaks at #2 on pop singles chart
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Linda Fratianne.
- Minnesota Twins trade Rod Carew to California Angels for four players.
- Khomeini creates the Council of the Islamic Revolution.
- Supporters of Khomeini take over the Iranian law enforcement, courts and government administration the final session of the Iranian National Consultative Assembly is held.
- Pluto moves inside Neptune's orbit for the first time since either was known to science.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 February 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?