Tuesday 3 February 2004
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Ya! by OutKast.
In UK Mad World by Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules was in the top 5 hits.
The Butterfly Effect, directed by Eric Bress, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 3 February 2004 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 February
- Jason Raize: American actor (Born 1975).
- The US Central Intelligence Agency admits that there was no imminent threat from weapons of mass destruction before the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Israeli Army Chief of Personnel Major-General Gil Regev tells a Knesset committee that the number of soldiers refusing to serve in the territories had dramatically decreased in 2003. He said that 26 persons had been imprisoned for refusal in 2003 compared to 129 in 2002, a decrease of 80%. The refusers' organization Yesh G'vul claimed that Regev's figures were ampquotridiculousampquot since 76 persons had been imprisoned for refusal in 2003.
- British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw announces an independent inquiry, to be chaired by Lord Butler of Brockwell, to examine the reliability of intelligence on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. His report, the Butler Review, is published on July 14.
- An apartment block collapses in the Turkish city of Konya, killing at least 14 people.
- Simon Blitz and two partners purchased Oldham Athletic A.F.C., rescuing the Football League One club from possible liquidation.
- Astronomers detect the presence of oxygen and carbon in the atmosphere of the extrasolar planet HD 209458 b (Osiris), known to be venting gas into space.
- Political status of Taiwan: President Chen Shui-bian proposes to set up a demilitarized zone between Taiwan and mainland China.
- Mini-Tuesday: Five states hold primaries and two states hold caucuses for the Democratic presidential nomination. U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts wins primary elections in Arizona, Delaware, New Mexico, Missouri and North Dakota, which a best result is 51 percent in Missouri. Senator John Edwards of North Carolina wins in South Carolina. Retired U.S. Army General Wesley Clark narrowly wins in Oklahoma. Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean, who opted to focus on the Michigan and
- Nine Cuban migrants attempt to reach Florida in a modified 1959 Buick that was converted to a boat. They are intercepted by the United States Coast Guard. The same group had made a similar attempt the summer before in a modified 1951 Chevrolet truck.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 February 2004 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?