Tuesday 3 February 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 3 February 2009 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 February
- Sheng-yen: Buddhist monk and founder of Dharma Drum Mountain.
- Spectrum Brands, maker of Ray-O-Vac batteries, files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the US.
- Presidency of Barack Obama:
- Tom Daschle withdraws his nomination to serve as United States Secretary of Health and Human Services and Nancy Killefer withdraws her nomination to serve as Chief Performance Officer. (MSNBC.com)
- President Obama nominates Republican Senator Judd Gregg for the position of Secretary of Commerce. (''New York Times'')
- New Hampshire Governor John H. Lynch nominates Republican J. Bonnie Newman to replace Gregg in the Senate. (Bloomberg)
- 2008–2009 Israel–Gaza conflict:
- Israel announces restrictions on Al Jazeera broadcasts within its borders. (BBC)
- The Palestinian National Authority demands an investigation into alleged war crimes committed in the Gaza Strip. (''Washington Post'')
- California's government goes broke and issues IOUs on all expenditures not required by law. (ABC7)
- Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security eliminates a Pakistani terrorist cell responsible for at least six suicide bombings in Kabul. (AFP via Google News)
- Sri Lankan Civil War:
- The Armed Forces claim to have captured an underground bunker used by the Tamil Tigers. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- The United States, European Union, Japan, and Norway urge the Tigers to cease fighting and negotiate with the government. (BBC)
- At least 52 Tamil civilians are killed in recent combat. (The Guardian)
- The government announces a $42-billion stimulus package to revive the economy. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Reserve Bank reduces interest rates by 100 basis points to 3.25%. (NineMSN Money)
- Iran announces the launch of its first domestically constructed satellite, ''Omid''. (Reuters)
- Suspected Taliban militants suspend NATO supply lines by destroying a bridge on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. (CNN)
- The United Kingdom struggles to cope with its heaviest snowfalls since 1991. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?