Thursday 3 February 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 3 February 2011 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 February
- Maria Schneider: French actress seen in international films.
- All available blocks of IPv4 internet addresses are officially distributed to regional authorities.
- 2011 Egyptian protests:
- Anti-government protestors continue to protest against the Mubarak regime for a tenth day. (''The Guardian'')
- Protesters detain 120 people with IDs linking them to the police or ruling party most were attacking protesters at the time. (Ynetnews)
- A tense standoff between supporters and opponents of President Hosni Mubarak continues in Cairo, with at least three people killed and 1,500 injured in fighting on Wednesday. (Sky News)
- At least three people are killed as a result of gunfire in Cairo's Tahrir Square. (Al Jazeera)
- Prominent Egyptian blogger and anti-Mubarak activist sandmonkey is arrested and (Hot Air)
- Egyptian state television forments the unrest by reporting that ampquotIsraeli spiesampquot have infiltrated Cairo, leading to an increase in antisemitic sentiment among the pro-Mubarak forces attacking people and journalists on the streets. (Channel 4 News)
- Two Al Jazeera journalists are attacked on their way from the airport to central Cairo. (''The Guardian'')
- Nile TV (state television) journalist Shahira Amin, deputy head of the station, resigns after being threatened and intimidated she tells Al Jazeera ampquotI can't be part of the propaganda machine and I refuse to be a hypocriteampquot, adding that she feels ampquotliberatedampquot. (''Gulf News'')
- Journalists from Al Jazeera and ''The Washington Post'' are arrested by Egyptian authorities Swedish television loses contact with correspondent Bert Sundström. (''The Washington Post'')
- Representatives of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch are arrested. (''The Guardian'')
- Mobile phone firm Vodafone says the Egyptian authorities have hijacked its network to send unattributed text messages supporting the government. (BBC)
- Egypt's attorney-general bans several former ministers and Ahmed Ezz, a prominent member of the ruling party who resigned last week, from travelling abroad their bank accounts are also frozen. (Al Jazeera)
- Video footage emerges on YouTube of a police van being driven at high speed into peacefully marching anti-regime protesters. (Direct link)
- Four members of the April 6 Youth Movement, an opposition group known for organising events on Facebook, are arrested by Egyptian authorities. (''Wired'')
- Hosni Mubarak breaks his silence to grant an interview to Christiane Amanpour of America's ABC News inside his palace. (BBC)
- The United States Senate passes a motion supporting democracy in Egypt and calling on President Hosni Mubarak to begin transferring power. (''Washington Post'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests: Thousands of pro- and anti-government supporters demonstrate in Yemen over the rule of President Ali Abdullah Saleh in a planned ampquotday of rageampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010–2011 Algerian protests: Presient Abdelaziz Bouteflika vows to lift the country's state of emergency, in force since 1992, in the ampquotvery near futureampquot. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
- Katy Perry - Firework
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 February 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?