Sunday 3 January 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Bergé and Victor Borge.
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1909 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Georges Bergé: French Army general who served during World War II, and one of the co-founders of the Special Air Service (SAS).
- Victor Borge: Danish-American pianist, humorist actor, composer, writer and director, one of the most popular entertainers in theater history.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 January 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?