Tuesday 3 January 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1911 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- John Sturges: United States -- Director (Old Man & Sea, Magnificent 7).
- Joseph Rauh: American organization official, civil rights and civil liberties lawyer.
- Alexandros Papadiamantis: Greek author and poet (d. 1911).
- US postal savings bank inaugurated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1911 and get them!