Tuesday 3 January 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Rauh and John Sturges.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1911 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Joseph Rauh: American organization official, civil rights and civil liberties lawyer.
- John Sturges: United States -- Director (Old Man & Sea, Magnificent 7).
- Alexandros Papadiamantis: Greek author and poet (d. 1911).
- US postal savings bank inaugurated.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?