Monday 3 January 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1916 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Maxene Andrews: American soprano singer, the middle child of the three siblings known as The Andrews Sisters, a close harmony singing group of the swing and boogie-woogie eras.
- Yves Gibeau: French writer, a novelist strongly influenced by his origins.
- Bernard Greenhouse: American cellist.
- Betty Furness: American actress and television journalist (d. 1994).
- Betty Furness New York City: New York, actress/consumer activist (Studio 1).
- Antonio Estevez: composer.
- Grenville M Dodge: American Major General (Born 1831).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Back Home in Tennessee - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?