Saturday 3 January 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Kämpfende Gewalten oder Welt ohne Krieg, directed by Fritz Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1920 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Charles Monier: France sport Champion.
- Siegfried Buback: German lawyer and politician Attorney General of Germany (d. 1977).
- Renato Carosone: Italian singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2001).
- New York Yankees purchase Babe Ruth from Boston Red Sox for $125,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1920 and get them!