Saturday 3 January 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Little Caesar, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 3 January 1931 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 3 January 1931 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
See other famous people born on 03 January
Joseph J C Joffre: French World War I general, dies at age 78.
Joseph Joffre: French military man who, as the Marshall of his country, commanded armies during the first two years of WW I. In 1914, he stopped the German onslaught.
- Albert Einstein begins doing research at the California Institute of Technology, along with astronomer Edwin Hubble.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1931?
- Science: Science vol. 73 issue 1879
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Pope Pius XI -- Dec. 29, 1930
- Science: Science vol. 72 issue 1878
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Willa Cather's novel of seventeenth-century Quebec is a luminous evocation of North American origins, and of the men and women who struggled to adapt to a new world even as they clung to the artifacts and manners of one they ...
Abbie Deal, the matriarch of a pioneer Nebraska family, has died at the beginning of A White Bird Flying, leaving her china and heavy furniture to others and to her granddaughter Laura the secret of her dream of finer things.
A grand hotel in the center of 1920s Berlin serves as a microcosm of the modern world in Vicki Baum’s celebrated novel, a Weimar-era best seller that retains all its verve and luster today.
Tell the world why 3 January 1931 is such a special date for you!