Tuesday 3 January 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nikos Alefantos and Janice Crosio.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1939 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Nikos Alefantos: Greek football manager.
- Janice Crosio: Australian politician.
- Gene Summers: American musician.
- Ruben Reyes: Filipino Supreme Court jurist.
- Arik Einstein: Israeli singer, songwriter and actor.
- Bobby Hull: Canadian hockey player who played as a forward with the Chicago Black Hawks, in the NHL, from 1958-72. From 1973-1980 he played with the Winnipeg Jets in the HWA. He was the NHL's leading scorer in 1960, 62 and 66 and was the leader in NHL goals seven times; he scored 77 WHA goals in 1975. He was known for his slapshot, agility and distinguished and lengthy career as the premier left winger of his day.
- Michel Siffre: French underground explorer, adventurer and scientist. His many achievements include the creation of the French Institute of Speleology in 1962.
- Gene Cox becomes 1st girl page in US House of Representatives
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1939 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They Say - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- You're A Sweet Little Headache - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Thanks for Everything - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?