Friday 3 January 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Van Dyke Parks and Shima Iwashita.
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1941 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Van Dyke Parks: Alabama, United States -- Actor / musician (Bonino, Billy Crystal Hour).
- Shima Iwashita: Actress (Red Lion, Hara-Kiri, Double Suicide).
- Franklin McCain: American activist (d. 2014).
- Canada and US acquire air bases in Newfoundland (99 year lease).
- Italian counter-offensive in Albania.
- A decree in Germany outlaws the use of Blackletter Gothic typefaces in favour of Antiqua.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1941 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yes, My Darling Daughter - Dinah Shore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?