Sunday 3 January 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 3 January 1943 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 3 January 1943 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
See other famous people born on 03 January
- 1st missing persons telecast (NYC)
- First missing persons telecast (New York City, New York).
- Canadian Army troops arrive in North Africa.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1943?
- Life: Raphaels Madonna
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Lt. General McNair -- Dec. 28, 1942
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A Roman soldier, Marcellus, wins Christ's robe as a gambling prize. He then sets forth on a quest to find the truth about the Nazarene's robe-a quest that reaches to the very roots and heart of Christianity and is set ...
Originally published in 1942, The Valley of Decision was an instant success, and its story of four generations of the Scott family—owners and operators of a Pittsburgh iron and steel works—has since captured the imagination of generations of readers.
The story of a boy from a small New England town, aviator in World War I, then newspaper man, play doctor, movie script rewriter. The story of his married life, his work, his worries, his search for security, his attempt ...
The beloved American classic about a young girl's coming-of-age at the turn of the century, Betty Smith's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a poignant and moving tale filled with compassion and cruelty, laughter and heartache, crowded with life and ...
Tell the world why 3 January 1943 is such a special date for you!