Monday 3 January 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1944 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Christina von Saltza: United States -- Swimmer (1960 Olympics - 3 Gold / Silver Medalist).
- Robert Lacey: British historian and biographer.
- David Atherton: English conductor co-founded London Sinfonietta.
- Raewyn Connell: Australian sociologist and academic.
- Blanche d'Alpuget: Australian novelist, biographer.
- Jurgis Baltrusaitis: Lithuanian poet (Born 1873).
- World War II: Top Ace Major Greg ''Pappy'' Boyington is shot down in his Corsair by Captain Masajiro Kawato flying a Zero.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?