Wednesday 3 January 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tonight and Every Night, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1945 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Markku Siivola: Finnish physician and psychiatrist, he is interested in parapsychology.
- David Starkey: English historian and academic.
- Stephen Stills in Dallas: Texas, USA; singer/songwriter/guitarist (Crosby Stills and Nash).
- Stephen Stills: American musician, a vocalist for "Buffalo Springfield" before joining "Crosby, Stills and Nash" in 1968 for superstardom.
- British Premier Winston Churchill visits France
- Cato-Meridian School, NY, installs germicidal lamps in every room
- Allies land on west coast of Burma, conquer Akyab.
- Greek General Plastiras forms government.
- US aircraft carriers attack Okinawa.
- World War II: Admiral Chester W Nimitz is placed in command of all U.S. Naval forces in preparation for planned assaults against Iwo Jima, Okinawa and Japan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Dream Of You (More Than You Dream I Do) - Andy Russell
- Frank Sinatra - White Christmas
- Robin Hood - Tony Pastor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?