Friday 3 January 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1947 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Zulema : American singer-songwriter (Faith Hope and Charity) (d. 2013).
- Sergey Filipovich: Protchenko; Russian cosmonaut.
- 1st opening session of Congress to be televised
- William Dawson becomes 1st black to head congressional committee
- Proceedings of the U.S. Congress are televised for the first time.
- First opening session of US Congress to be televised.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?