Wednesday 3 January 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1951 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Linda Dobbs: English lawyer and judge.
- Gary Nairn: Australian surveyor and politician 14th Special Minister of State.
- Frank Chikane: Secretary-General of South African Council of Churches.
- Luc Ferry: French philosopher and a notable proponent of secular humanism.
- François Saint-Gilles: French athlete, a specialist in the 100 and 200 metres.
- Fred Barlow: Composer, dies at 69.
- 9 Jewish Kremlin physicians exposed as British / US agents
- Fred Wilt wins Amateur Athletic Union Sullivan Memorial Trophy (US athlete of 1950).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas In Killarney - Dennis Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1951 and get them!