Thursday 3 January 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Room for One More, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1952 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Gianfranco Fini: Italian politician with MSI from 1979, after working as a professional journalist.
- Jim Ross: Wrestler.
- Esperanza Aguirre: Spanish civil servant and politician 3rd President of the Community of Madrid.
- Adair Lara: American newspaper columnist and bookwriter, a twin, born second with the first one born at 7 AM according to the article quoted in the source notes.
- Mel Hampton: American minor actor and stuntman in films.
- Dragnet with Jack Webb premieres on NBC TV
- Australia beats West Indies by one wicket at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, last stand 38.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Tango - Leroy Anderson & His Pops Concert Orchestra
- Paul Weston & His Orchestra - Charmaine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?