Sunday 3 January 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1954 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Ross the Boss: American guitarist.
- Dean Hart: Canadian wrestler (d. 1990).
- Ned Lamont: American businessman and political figure.
- Maria Di Lascia: Italian writer, the author of one novel, "Passage in Shadow," which was published posthumously after her early death at 40.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1954 and get them!