Thursday 3 January 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1957 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Bojan Kriz??: Slovenian skier.
- Frank Dicopoulos in Akron: Ohio, USA; actor (Frank Cooper - Guiding Light).
- 1st electric watch introduced, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- First electric watch introduced, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA.
- The Hamilton Watch Company introduces the first electric watch.
- Hamilton Watch Company introduces the first electric watch.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1957 and get them!