Thursday 3 January 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1957 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Frank Dicopoulos in Akron: Ohio, USA; actor (Frank Cooper - Guiding Light).
- Bojan Kriz??: Slovenian skier.
- 1st electric watch introduced, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- First electric watch introduced, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA.
- The Hamilton Watch Company introduces the first electric watch.
- Hamilton Watch Company introduces the first electric watch.
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?