Monday 3 January 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Galway and Wendell Davis.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jörg Preda berichtet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1966 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Martin Galway: Northern Ireland composer.
- Wendell Davis: NFL wide receiver (Indianapolis Colts).
- John Kropke: Canadian Football League defensive tackle (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Rex Lease: Actor (Perils of Pauline, Dakota, California), dies at 62.
- Floyd B McKissick, named National Director of CORE
- A military coup occurs in Upper Volta (later Burkina Faso).
- The prime ministers of India and Pakistan meet in Moscow.
- A gas leak fire at the Feyzin oil refinery near Lyon, France kills 18 and injures 84.
- PakistanindashIndian peace negotiations end successfully in Tashkent.
- The French paper ''L'Express'' publishes a story of Georges Figon, who took part in the kidnapping of Mehdi Ben Barka.
- A conference on Rhodesia begins in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The first SR-71 Blackbird spy plane goes into service at Beale AFB.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 January 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
Top #9 songs in the UK
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?