Monday 3 January 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show) by Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr..
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
The Sentinel, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1977 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Lee Bowyer: English footballer and coach.
- A Burnett: American baseball player.
- Mayumi Iizuka: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Beata Handra in San Francisco: California; dance skater (and Sinek-1997 Pacific Coast Senior third).
- AJ Burnett: American baseball player.
- Michelle Stephenson: British singer (Spice Girls)
- Apple Computer is incorporated.
- Lindy McDaniel retires with second most pitching appearances (987 games).
- Apple Computer Inc. is incorporated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Brick - Dazz
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?