Thursday 3 January 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Please Don't Go by K.C and the Sunshine Band.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1980!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1980 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Bryan Clay: American decathlete.
- Angela Ruggiero: Ice hockey defenseman (USA, Olympics - 1998).
- David Tyree: American football player.
- Kurt Vile: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The War on Drugs).
- Mary Wineberg: American sprinter.
- Joy Adamson: Austria-born Kenyan painter and author (d. 1980).
- Lucien Buysse: Belgian cyclist (Born 1892).
- George Sutherland Fraser: Scottish poet and academic (Born 1915).
- Axel Springer Jr: German photographer, commits suicide at age 38.
- Amos Milburn: American R&B boogie-woogie singer and pianist, popular during the 1940s and 1950s.
- Gold hits record US$634 an ounce.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Styx - Babe
- Commodores - Still
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?