Monday 3 January 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antti Arst .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Maneater by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK The Land Of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Xtro, directed by Harry Bromley Davenport, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching No Problem!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alpha Blaster or The Island.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1983!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1983 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Kilauea begins slowly erupting on the Big Island of Hawaii and is still flowing as of 2008.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Bucks Fizz - The Land Of Make Believe
- Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Men At Work - Down Under
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
- Renee & Renato - Save Your Love
- Dollar - Mirror Mirror (Mon Amour)
- David Essex - A Winter's Tale
- Adam & The Ants - Ant Rap
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?