Tuesday 3 January 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex D Linz and Julia Nunes.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison.
In UK Heaven Is A Place On Earth by Belinda Carlisle was in the top 5 hits.
Beaches, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Sands Of Time by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching USA Up All Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Advanced Xoru or The Final Fantasy Legend.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1989 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Alex D Linz: American actor.
- Julia Nunes: American singer and ukulele player.
- Anya Rozova: Russian/American model.
- Automne Pavia: French judoka.
- Rodrigo Velilla: TV Actor.
- Alex Linz: Movie Actor
- Adas Juškevičius: Lithuanian basketball player
- Anthony Wordsworth: English footballer
- Sergei Lvovich Sobolev: Russian mathematician (Born 1909).
- Jim and Tammy Bakker return to TV (Oy Vey!)
- Russian newspaper Izvestia gets its first commercial advertisement.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 January 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Bangles - In Your Room
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Chicago - Look Away
- Def Leppard - Armageddon It
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
- Kylie & Jason - Especially For You
- Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
- Erasure - Crackers International (EP)
- Krush - House Arrest
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Morris Minor & The Majors - Stutter Rap (No Sleep 'Til Bedtime)
- Mike & The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Cher - I Found Someone
- Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?