Sunday 3 January 1993
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
Chaplin, directed by Richard Attenborough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1993!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1993 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
Famous Birthdays:03 January
- Johnny Most: American sports announcer (Born 1923).
- Catskills on Broadway closes at Lunt-Fontanne NYC after 452 performances
- Christmas Carol closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 22 performances
- Lost in Yonkers closes at Richard Rodgers NYC after 780 performances
- Secret Garden closes at St. James Theater NYC after 706 performances
- Tommy Tune Tonite! closes at Gershwin NYC after 10 performances
- Junk bond King Michael Milkin is released from jail after 22 months
- In Moscow, George H. W. Bush and Boris Yeltsin sign the second Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START).
- The state of Washington executes Westley Allan Dodd by hanging (the first legal hanging in America since 1965).
- US$7.4 million is stolen from Brink's Armored Car Depot in Rochester, New York in the 5th largest robbery in U.S. history. Four men, Samuel Millar, Father Patrick Moloney, former Rochester Police officer Thomas O'Connor, and Charles McCormick, all of whom have ties to the Provisional Irish Republican Army, are accused.
- M/V ''Braer'', a Liberian oil tanker, runs aground off the Scottish island of Mainland, causing a massive oil spill.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember)
- Shanice - Saving Forever For You
- Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer
- Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
- Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
- Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
- PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
- Bobby Brown - Good Enough
- TLC - What About Your Friends
- Mary J. Blige - Real Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 1993 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?