Friday 3 January 1997
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
Scream, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Airframe by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1997!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1997 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
Famous Birthdays:03 January
- Burton Lane: American songwriter and composer (d. 1997).
- Bryant Gumbel co-hosted his final Today show on NBC-TV
- Eddo Brandes takes ODI hat-trick versus England at Harare.
- The People's Republic of China announces it will spend $27.7 billion USD to fight erosion and pollution in the Yangtze and Yellow river valleys.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
- Barbra Streisand - I Finally Found Someone
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?