Wednesday 3 January 2001
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellis Jackson and Erick Colon.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Independent Women Part I by Destiny's Child.
Traffic, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Beatles Anthology by The Beatles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching La vie, la vie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Corporate Machine or Driven.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 2001!
Which were the important events of 3 January 2001 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
Famous Birthdays:03 January
- The 107th United States Congress is sworn in, including incoming freshmen Senators Bill Nelson (Democrat-Florida), Tom Carper (Democrat-Delaware), Debbie Stabenow (Democrat-Michigan), John Ensign (Republican-Nevada), George Allen (Republican-Virginia), Maria Cantwell (Democrat-Washington), Ben Nelson (Democrat-Nebraska), Hillary Clinton (Democrat-New York), Jon Corzine (Democrat-New Jersey), Jean Carnahan (Democrat-Missouri), and Mark Dayton (Democrat-Minnesota).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?