Friday 3 January 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) by Cheeky Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Irreversible, directed by Gaspar No, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Prey by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 3 January 2003 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 January
- The 108th United States Congress is sworn in, including incoming freshmen Senators Saxby Chambliss (Republican-Georgia), Lindsey Graham (Republican-South Carolina), John Sununu (Republican-New Hampshire), Lamar Alexander (Republican-Tennessee), Elizabeth Dole (Republican-North Carolina), Norm Coleman (Republican-Minnesota), and Mark Pryor (Democrat-Arkansas).
- The Immigration and Naturalization Service of the United States proposes rules that will require all Americans traveling abroad to disclose detailed personal information both before leaving the country and before being permitted to re-enter the country.
- In Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire, French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin met with political leaders of the Patriotic Movement of the Ivory Coast, who agreed to participate in negotiations to be held in Paris, France, the week of January 15, 2003. However, two independent rebel groups in the west of the country, assisted by fighters from Liberia, have seized villages and the cocoa crops inside those villages, forcing residents to flee to the port of San Pédro with no possessions. One-fifth of
- U.S. plan to invade Iraq: United Nations arms inspectors from UNMOVIC have established a base of operations in Mosul, Iraq, 375 kilometers or 200 miles north of Baghdad, to speed the inspection process.
- Journalist Geoff Mackley reports after a helicopter mission that the Cyclone Zoe led to no casualties on the island of Tikopia, even though devastation was enormous. The 1,000 inhabitants of the island survived in caves. Reports that they had already resumed their daily occupations like fishing are misleading: they were ampquotfishingampquot for their possessions that were blown out to sea. The situation on the island of Anuta with 600 inhabitants is not known yet.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eminem - Lose Yourself
- Missy Misdemeanor Elliott - Work It
- Nelly - Air Force Ones
- Jay-Z - '03 Bonnie & Clyde
- Jennifer Lopez - Jenny From The Block
- Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
- B2K - Bump, Bump, Bump
- Nivea - Don't Mess With My Man
- Erykah Badu - Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip Hop)
- No Doubt - Underneath It All
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?