Thursday 3 January 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
P.S. I Love You, directed by Richard LaGravenese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passport to Explore.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Berlitz English Dictionary or Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 3 January 2008 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 January
- In Iowa, USA, the Democratic caucuses choose Barack Obama as candidate for the presidential election on November. National front-runner Hillary Clinton places third, behind John Edwards. The Republican caucuses choose Mike Huckabee over Mitt Romney.
- Rare snow flurries in southeast Florida, USA.
- Voters in Iowa go to the polls for the first caucus to determine presidential nominees for the Democratic and Republican parties. (BBC News)
- Illinois Senator Barack Obama wins the Democratic caucus. (CNN)
- Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee wins the Republican caucus. (CNN)
- Senators Christopher Dodd and Joseph Biden withdraw their candidacy. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Benazir Bhutto assassination: President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf denies any role in Benazir Bhutto's death. (CNN)
- The price of gold reaches a new record of $865.35 per troy ounce in the a.m. London Gold Fixing, breaking the previous high of 21 January 1980. (LBMA)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?