Friday 3 July 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
I promessi sposi, directed by Mario Morais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1908 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Robert B Meyner: American politician (d. 1990).
- Fernand Bailleux: French naval officer, who died in Cannes on 14 June 2003.
- Thomas Narcejac: French writer, famed for his voluminous output.
- MFK Fisher: American writer with a career of over 60 years in which she wrote hundreds of stories for the New Yorker as well as 15 books of essays and reminiscences, a translation, a novel, a screenplay, a book for children and dozens of travelogues.
- M F K Fisher: American writer (d. 1992).
- M Fisher: American author (d. 1992)
- Robert Meyner: American lawyer and politician 44th Governor of New Jersey (d. 1990)
- Joel Chandler Harris: Created Uncle Remus, dies at 59.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Henry Burr
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Haydn Quartet
- Bon-Bon Buddy - Billy Murray
- Happy Days March - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All) - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?