Friday 3 July 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M F K Fisher and Robert B Meyner.
I promessi sposi, directed by Mario Morais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1908 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- M F K Fisher: American writer (d. 1992).
- Robert B Meyner: American politician (d. 1990).
- Fernand Bailleux: French naval officer, who died in Cannes on 14 June 2003.
- MFK Fisher: American writer with a career of over 60 years in which she wrote hundreds of stories for the New Yorker as well as 15 books of essays and reminiscences, a translation, a novel, a screenplay, a book for children and dozens of travelogues.
- Thomas Narcejac: French writer, famed for his voluminous output.
- M Fisher: American author (d. 1992)
- Robert Meyner: American lawyer and politician 44th Governor of New Jersey (d. 1990)
- Joel Chandler Harris: Created Uncle Remus, dies at 59.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Henry Burr
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Haydn Quartet
- Bon-Bon Buddy - Billy Murray
- Happy Days March - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All) - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?