Monday 3 July 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1944 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Bernard Eisenschitz: French film historian and critic, who specializes in Soviet cinema, especially its unknown side.
- Paul Young: Actor (Another Time Another Place).
- Michel Polnareff: French singer and songwriter.
- US V-III-E Army corp opens assault on Coutances Cotentin
- Oriole Park (minor league baseball stadium) burns down in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Battle of Imphal: Japanese forces call off their advance, ending the battle in a British victory.
- Hartford circus fire: More than 100 children die in one of the worst fire disasters in the history of the United States.
- WWII: At Camp Hood, Texas, future baseball star and 1st Lt. Jackie Robinson is arrested and later court-martialed for refusing to move to the back of a segregated U.S. Army bus. He is eventually acquitted.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?