Monday 3 July 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Young and Bernard Eisenschitz.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1944 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Paul Young: Actor (Another Time Another Place).
- Bernard Eisenschitz: French film historian and critic, who specializes in Soviet cinema, especially its unknown side.
- Michel Polnareff: French singer and songwriter.
- US V-III-E Army corp opens assault on Coutances Cotentin
- Oriole Park (minor league baseball stadium) burns down in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Battle of Imphal: Japanese forces call off their advance, ending the battle in a British victory.
- Hartford circus fire: More than 100 children die in one of the worst fire disasters in the history of the United States.
- WWII: At Camp Hood, Texas, future baseball star and 1st Lt. Jackie Robinson is arrested and later court-martialed for refusing to move to the back of a segregated U.S. Army bus. He is eventually acquitted.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 July 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?